FAQ – from Basic to Advanced
What is the course schedule?
Circuit Stream’s online classes run part-time on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays. Classes are available in the morning (10:00 – 11:00am), afternoon (3:30pm – 5:00pm) and evening (6:30 – 8:00pm) Pacific Time. Your 1-on-1 sessions with instructors will be scheduled separately once you begin the course.
What are the course requirements?
- A laptop or computer (Mac or Windows)
- Unity Version 2018 (Free Download) installed.
- This is a beginner friendly course, no previous experience required. You do not need a VR headset for the course.
- The course can be taken with the following devices (optional): HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Quest or Go, Windows MR, Samsung GearVR, Google Daydream or Cardboard, Microsoft Hololens, Magic Leap, Android (ARCore), iPhone or iPad (ARKit)
Who should take this course?
Anyone interested in learning to create applications, experiences or games for virtual reality or augmented reality. Learn how to use Unity for all major spatial computing platforms.
When does the online course begin?
Visit https://circuitstream.com/course/ for official courses and start dates.
When is the last chance to register?
Last chance to register is up to 7 days before the course start date.
Do you have monthly payment plans?
Yes 3, 6, and 12 month payment plans are available to break up the cost of the course. To arrange a payment plan click “Enroll Now” on the course page and you can view and select the different plans when registering.
What will the course teach me how to do?
- Build AR and VR apps from scratch in Unity (the market leading 3D content creation tool)
- Plan and create an AR or VR app based on your own idea
- Learn how to use Unity for creating professional interactive applications
- Create for all the major virtual reality and augmented reality platforms
- Learn C# and Unity (no previous experience required)
What is the weekly time commitment?
This is a part-time, 10-week course that meets twice weekly for a total of 4 hours per week. 3 hours weekly are dedicated to the class curriculum and 1 hour weekly is dedicated to private 1-on-1 help with your instructor on a personal VR/AR project.
How long is the course?
The course takes 10 weeks with 2 additional weeks at the end focused on your personal project.
What is the format?
You’ll be working directly with our instructors weekly on different VR and AR projects.
Why take a course with Circuit Stream?
We’ve taught over 20,000 students in dozens of courses. Our instructors are always developers from the virtual and augmented reality industry committed to helping you learn how to make VR and AR apps based on your own ideas.
Can a beginner take the course?
Yes! Previous experience is not required and our courses are beginner friendly. The courses are designed to equip you with the key skills for the industry through hands on work and building your own virtual reality or augmented reality projects.
Students who have no programming experience are required to take the New to Coding Stream where we will introduce you to coding in an intuitive and visual way. We’ve worked with Architects, Airport Designers, Filmmakers, IT Professionals, Web Developers and more who by the end of the program are always creating fully interactive VR and AR apps in Unity.
The VR/AR Development with Unity course is a great way to learn the fundamentals of programming and C# step by step.
Can a developer take the course?
Yes! All students with programming experience, may take the Developer Stream where you’re going to be diving into the code from day 1. You’ll begin building apps quickly and focusing on speciﬁc problems to solve. We’ll help generate solutions and provide you with the pieces of C# that can help. Ultimately, you’ll understand the structure of how C# works with Unity on a very deep level.
What do I need to register for the course?
A laptop or computer (Mac’s are acceptable) with Unity installed. The personal edition of Unity can be downloaded for free here: https://unity3d.com/get-unity.
Do I need experience with Unity before taking this course?
No, the course is designed to bring you up to speed quickly on Unity and the tools you need to begin creating VR and AR applications. No previous experience is required. Before the course begins, we recommend walking through Unity’s introductory tutorials which will help you understand the basics and prepare you for more advanced topics we focus on in the online VR and AR course.
Do I need coding experience to enroll in the course?
No! If you don’t have coding experience, we will work with you as a new programmer. We have students with 0 coding experience, who are now building interactive apps in Unity. Programming is going to be a valuable skill for the creating interactive VR and AR applications in the future, so during the course, we’ll help you learn the fundamentals of C# programming while building your own app from scratch in Unity. If you do have programming experience, we’ll provide exercises for an experienced developer.
Do I need my own VR headset or AR device to take this course?
No, we will adjust the course to work with whatever equipment you have. At the bare minimum, you can use the Unity’s play mode to simulate your application with just a laptop or computer.
If you have any VR headset or AR device, we’ll help you build for that technology!
What happens if I miss a lecture?
We record all the lectures, so if you miss a session, let us know and we’ll send you the recording and reschedule a new 1-on-1 session with you!
Who is this course right for?
- Anyone wanting to learn to use Unity (the market leading 3D content creation tool
- “You’ve heard how powerful Unity is and want to learn how to use it to build your own applications”
- Professionals looking for a career transition
- “You want to meet community of other VR creators + connect with job opportunities”
- Creators looking to bring an idea to life
- “You have an idea for a VR or AR app that you want to create for your portfolio or self-publish”
- Companies looking to prototype an application or train team members in Unity
- “You want to prototype a VR AR project for a client and need help building it or want to train the team on how to use Unity”
- Anyone wanting to learn to code
- “You’re new to programming and want to learn how to code in a visual and intuitive way”
- New VR/AR Devleopers
- “You’re an existing developer and I want to transition skills into a new industry”
Is the VR/AR Development with Unity course right for me?
Ultimately, the course isn’t going to be right for everyone. But if you want to get a jump start on the VR and AR industry, want to work together with the best instructors, gain valuable skills to make VR/AR apps, and get relevant information on opportunities in the field, we believe the course is right for you!
We’re committed to helping you create opportunities in this space, be it landing a job at a growing studio, publishing your own application or building a project for your company.
Where can I contact Circuit Stream with any questions?
Please send any questions to email@example.com
Do you have a course syllabus?
We sure do! You can download the syllabus here.
Can we follow up after the course?
Yes! Circuit Stream has an online community where our instructors, students and clients share projects and ask questions.
What can you do after taking this course?
Our experienced group of instructors are going to teach you how to create VR and AR experiences for any of the major platforms from scratch. You will learn to use Unity with various other tools to build immersive applications.
Do you offer any other courses in VR/AR development?
We are always updating our course offerings. Signup for our newsletter for the latest info!