On-Demand AR Face Tracking Workshop
In this on-demand workshop you will learn how to create your own Snapchat/Instagram-like AR face filter.
AR Foundation is a set of tools from Unity that allows you to build Augmented Reality apps in a multi-platform way. That means by building with AR Foundation you can easily deploy your AR app to an android phone with ARCore or to an iPhone with ARKit.
There are many exciting features available in AR Foundation, such as object tracking, plane detection and image tracking.
In this free workshop, Circuit Stream instructor Nakisa Donnelly will show you how you can use face tracking to detect emotion and create your own Snapchat-Like AR face filter.
Resources: Project Assets upon sign up
During the workshop, we'll share:
- An introduction and overview of Unity
- An overview AR Foundation and Face Tracking
- How to use Face Tracking in your application
- Answers to your questions about developing AR applications
At the end of the workshop, you'll have:
- A better understanding of AR Foundation and face tracking
- Practical knowledge of how to get face tracking up and running in your applications
- A reference for how to build your own SnapChat-Like AR face filter
- No computer or device necessary
- Prior experience with Unity is not required, but will make it easier to follow along
- Interest in building Augmented Reality applications
About Your Instructor
Nakisa’s engineering and arts background combine for a unique approach to XR development. She has designed and developed projects for the HoloLens, Magic Leap, Oculus Quest and Valve Index and teaches our 10-week online XR Development Course.
“We reduce operations risk when we’re able to train for dangerous real-life scenarios in VR, like being exposed to the jet blast of an aircraft engine.”
Pascal Poudenx — Vantage Airport Group
I was able to use what I was taught in class to aid in my job search. I landed a job within 3 months of starting my course with circuit stream. They were definitely a big reason I was able to succeed. I would recommend them to other aspiring XR professionals.”
Syed Fatir Ali — LNG Studios
“Circuit Stream is an EXCELLENT online course. It’s classroom and 1 on 1 sessions was beyond anything I could have imagined. My instructors went above and beyond. I would recommend this to any and everyone.”
Richard Bailey — Hershey's
"XR opens the door for a whole new landscape of possibilities. It allows us to advance our engineering and visualize the work we do."