AR for Everyone: Maximize Your Audience
In this free workshop, we will cover a broad number of topics that should be considered early on in development for an application to efficiently reach the broadest audience of users possible.
We will touch on what's required to reach specific markets. Topics include interactions to overcome differing abilities, direct manipulation, hand rays, color blindness, and language localization.
This workshop addresses the importance of accessibility in the AR space.
During the workshop, we'll share:
- How to increase the accessibility of AR applications
- How to use the right platforms that make an application usable by the widest number of people possible
- How to use multi-modal interactions to allow users to work around limitations of all types
At the end of the workshop, we'll have:
- An understanding how to improve the accessibility of AR applications
- An understanding of how to widen your audience to other countries, people of differing abilities.
- An understanding of appropriate use of interactions to improve accessibility
- Q&A with your instructor, Eric
About Your Instructor:
Eric Carter is an XR designer who helped Microsoft ship hand tracking on the HoloLens 2. After that he worked on Facebook Horizon with the team that made Oculus Quest First Steps. With more than a decade of prior experience working in game design, Eric brings a creative and user-centric focus to the projects he develops