10 December 2020 – 3pm ET
Hide and Seek: Master AR Occlusions
Occlusion refers to objects blocking other objects located behind them from a given viewpoint. In AR, occlusion is essential for experiences to be immersive; virtual objects should be displayed only where there are no physical objects between them and the camera,
In this live AR workshop, Nakisa will show you on a practical case how to work with occlusions with AR Foundation and Unity 3D.
Say no to popping texture and no clip walls in your AR experiences.
You will receive project files after the workshop.
During the workshop, we'll share:
- How to setup an AR project in Unity 3D
- What AR occlusions are and how to deal with them
- How to conceptualize, design, test and implement AR occlusions in Unity 3D
- How to show and hide objects in the simple Hide and Seek game
At the end of the workshop, you'll have:
- Fundamental understanding of AR occlusions theory
- Best practices how to use AR occlusions in your project
- Knowledge how to use AR Foundation with Unity for occlusion-oriented projects
- Answers to your questions about AR development and design from Nakisa
About your instructor:
Nakisa’s engineering and arts background combination allows her to have an unique approach to XR development. She has taught, designed and developed multiple business application projects for the HoloLens, Magic Leap, Oculus Quest and Valve Index. HoloLens 2 is her new obsession.