Game Dev Fundamentals — Build a Tetris Game in Unity
Everyone loves video games, but have you ever went around to create one yourself?
In this live workshop you will learn the basics of Unity game engine and use those skills to build a simple but very popular game — Tetris!
You're going to learn about Unity controls, interface, and main features first. We're going to take those fundamentals and learn and understand different objects, input commands, simple interactions and types of game objects.
The real-time 3d skills are highly sought-after! Not only in game industry but in other industries such as: film industry (CGI), manufacturing, architectural visualizations, and product designs.
The workshop demonstrates what kind of projects you can start building during our main courses.
Resources for attendees:
- Project Assets (Code, Materials/Textures etc..)
- Webinar replay
- Unity Editor (User Interface and main tools)
- How to deal with prefabs in new objects
- Different types of game objects and how to use them in a project
- Game controls and interactions
- Basic simple scripting and physics
At the End of the Workshop, You'll Have:
- A playable and working Tetris game (that you can build yourself)
- Knowledge how to use Unity for simple game projects and beyond
- Understanding of main concepts of 3D development (scripting, objects, physics and interactions)
- Concrete answers to your questions about real-time 3D development with Unity from Jerry Medeiros
About your instructor:
Jerry is a Unity Certified Instructor, Unity Certified Programmer and Unity Certified Expert. A game development and AI expert with over 10 years of experience building simulations and games for companies such as Fiat, Petrobras, New Holland, Anglo American and the Brazilian Armed Forces. He has an undergraduate degree in Game Development, a graduate degree in Interaction Design, and a Masters in Computer Science!