28 April 2021 – 11am Sydney GMT+10 / 9am Singapore GMT+8
Live Workshop: Intro to Augmented Reality
In this beginner-friendly AR workshop, you will learn how to use Unity 3D to build a game design similar to Pokemon Go.
We are going to be using the software development kit AR Foundation.
After this workshop, you will be able to virtually capture little creatures that appear in your room.
This workshop is a perfect introduction to the world of augmented reality development.
Resources You'll Receive
- Project Assets (Code, Materials/Textures etc..)
- Presentation slides
During the workshop, we'll share:
- How Unity is used to build AR apps
- Major AR (and VR) development tools
- How to track planes in AR
- How to place virtual objects on real environments
- Answers to your questions! Bring them all.
At the end of the workshop, you'll have:
- A foundational understanding of AR
- Understand AR Foundation and how it works
- An inside look of what you need to get started in the industry
- Concrete answers to your questions about software and best practices
- No computer or device necessary
- Prior experience with Unity is not required, but will make it easier to follow along
- Interest in building Augmented Reality applications
About Your Instructor
Indika, a proud Sri-Lankan, has always been fascinated by high tech. His work history in software industry includes game development, design, and of course XR technology. If you're looking for someone to find a tech business solution, he's your guy.
What our students are saying
"I was able to use what I was taught in class to aid in my job search. I landed a job within 3 months of starting my course with Circuit Stream. They were definitely a big reason I was able to succeed. I would recommend them to other aspiring XR professionals.”
Syed Fatir Ali — LNG Studios
“Circuit Stream is an EXCELLENT online course. It’s classroom and 1 on 1 sessions was beyond anything I could have imagined. My instructors went above and beyond. I would recommend this to any and everyone.”
Richard Bailey — Hershey's
"XR opens the door for a whole new landscape of possibilities. It allows us to advance our engineering and visualize the work we do."
Laura Smith — SNC Lavalin