13 May 2021
Live Workshop - XR Design Principles and Best Practices
In this workshop, you will learn the different aspects of XR interaction design that you need to know to create incredible immersive experiences.
We'll provide an introduction to both UX and XR design principles and practices for individuals with visual design experience. We'll also cover the Mixed Reality Spectrum, Best Practices and Patterns in XR Design, and Usability Considerations.
Resources: Presentation slides
At the end of the workshop, you'll know:
- The impact and potential of XR technologies across multiple industries
- The future of user interfaces and experiences
- The most important principles of UX design for XR
- How to leverage constraints, affordances, and emotional user experiences in XR
- Interest in XR!
- An XR device is not required for this workshop
About Your Instructor:
Nakisa’s engineering and arts background combine for a unique approach to XR development. She has designed and developed projects for the HoloLens, Magic Leap, Oculus Quest and Valve Index and teaches our 10-week online XR Development Course