XR Sound Design Workshop
Crash! Blam! Bloop!
Did you know that sound is 50 percent of the total experience in XR? Because you can’t actually "see" the audio, it might not get as much attention as the visual component. The balance and collaboration between visual and aural is what creates the most immersive and successful experience.
In this workshop, Travis Fodor - a recognized spatial sound designer at Microsoft will teach you the fundamentals around designing, implementing, and shipping sounds for your XR experiences in Unity.
Registrants will receive:
- Project Assets
- Presentation Slides
- List of resources
During the workshop, we'll share:
- How to record sounds with editing tools
- How to implement these sounds in Unity
- Unity's native sound capabilities
- Best practices for implementing sound design in your XR environment
At the end of the workshop, you'll have:
- A firm understanding of Unity's native sound capabilities
- Knowledge on how to implement and use sounds inside Unity 3D
- 🔥 Travis' recorded and edited sounds for your own XR project 🔥
- Kickoff scripts for taking Unity audio beyond the basic features
About the Instructor:
Travis Fodor is one of the most recognized technical sounds designers in the immersive space. Currently, Travis works with Microsoft HoloLens 2. He is also a music composer, guitarist for multiple bands, and multiple Iron Man athlete.