Intro to Augmented Reality - Pokemon Go
Reserve Your Spot
In this beginner-friendly AR workshop, you will learn how to use Unity 3D to build a game design similar to mega popular mobile game — Pokemon Go.
We are going to be using the software development kit (SDK): AR Foundation with Unity game engine.
After this workshop, you will be able to virtually capture little creatures that appear in your room.
This workshop is a perfect introduction to the world of augmented reality development.
Resources You'll Receive
- Project Assets (Code, Materials/Textures etc..)
- Presentation slides
During the workshop, we'll share:
- How Unity is used to build AR apps
- Major AR (and VR) development tools
- How to track planes in AR
- How to place virtual objects on real environments
- Answers to your questions! Bring them all and we will answer them live.
At the end of the workshop, you'll have:
- A foundational understanding of AR
- Understand AR Foundation SDK and how it works
- An inside look of what you need to get started in the industry
- Concrete answers to your questions about software and best practices
- No computer or device necessary
- Prior experience with Unity is not required, but will make it easier to follow along
- Interest in building Augmented Reality applications
About Your Instructor
Mitchell self-describes as absolute nerd who's very passionate about the convergence of art and technology. He started working at start-up company that was working on AR/VR development. He loves learning a new programming languages, to strengthening his audio mixing skills and developing new iPhone apps on the side.
AR/VR Developer & Instructor