Play a Piano in AR — Holographic AR Workshop
Reserve Your Spot
In this free workshop you are going to learn how to build and design a holographic piano. And you're also going to play on it!
Along the way, you will learn the fundamentals of AR development; from how to start a project, think about environments, design, and interactions. By the end of the workshop you're going to have your own holographic keyboard with pushable buttons, sounds, and visual feedback.
Your host, Nakisa Donnelly, is going to be developing for HoloLens 2, although the principles relate to other AR devices.
Workshop is free to attend and doesn't assume any previous XR development experience.
During the workshop, we'll share:
- How to setup an AR project in Unity 3D
- How to setup HoloLens 2 for development
- How to prepare your AR project before development
- How to create an environment in AR
- How to add interactions and physical objects in AR environments
At the end of the workshop, you'll have:
- Fundamental understanding of setting up AR development projects
- Your own Holographic piano project with pushable buttons, sounds, and visual feedback
- Knowledge how to build similar simple AR mini games
- Answers to your questions about AR development and design from Nakisa
About your instructor:
Nakisa’s engineering and arts background combination allows her to have an unique approach to XR development. She has taught, designed and developed multiple business application projects for the HoloLens, Magic Leap, Oculus Quest and Valve Index. HoloLens 2 is her new obsession.
Senior AR Instructor and Developer