A project-based 10-week live online course exploring the best practices to design and prototype intuitive, usable, and human-centered experiences for AR and VR. During the course, you will familiarize yourself with the considerations of designing in environments beyond the screen, and the tools and skills to physically create those concepts.
This course is designed for anyone interested in understanding how to and why to apply best UX practices when designing and building experiences for AR and VR.
We have built this course in partnership with Unity with the intention to prepare you to earn a Unity Associate Artist certificate.
- Live Online Sessions: 3 hours per week split twice a week for 1.5 hours each
- 1-on-1s: Each week, you will have one hour of 1-on-1 time with an expert instructor to focus on getting hands-on and solving specific problems around your personal VR or AR application!
By the end of the course...
You will be able to:
- Understand the process of designing new experiences for AR/VR/XR and how it differs from designing for the web or mobile software
- Learn the best practices and patterns of design applied to immersive environments and XR applications
- Understand the usability considerations when designing for immersive experiences
- Familiarize yourself with the tools, processes, and techniques to design interfaces and layouts
- Create prototypes for XR using industry-recognized tools such as Unity
You will have...
- Portfolio: Our course is set up to make you learn the design fundamentals of XR with a practical and hands-on curriculum that focuses 100% on learn-by-doing. By the end of the course, you will have created a total of two projects built around learning outcomes - with the first, being a complex scene depicting a wooden cottage in the woods, and the second project being your personal one! You will have the opportunity to spend some time in your 1:1s to get hands-on with your personal project, to have a portfolio piece ready for you to show off.
- Certification: In partnership with Unity, we have built this course with the intention to prepare you to earn a Unity Associate Artist certificate. Successful completion of the course will earn you a Certificate in XR Design and prepare you to gain the Associate Artist certificate from Unity.
- Access to Community: At the heart of Circuit Stream is our passionate community of XR professionals from around the world who come together every day to learn from each other. Tap into the network through Slack and our XR Community platform.
Who Should Take This Course?
This is a beginner-friendly course, with no previous experience required.
This course is designed for students or professionals interested in understanding how to and why to apply best UX practices when designing and building experiences for AR and VR.
This course is equally applicable to product designers as it is to developers, product managers, or generalists looking to develop their knowledge with this technology. It is designed for students or professionals coming from a wide range of backgrounds with an interest in working with immersive technologies.
After successful completion of the course, students will be ready to work as XR product designers, XR UI designers, XR UX Designers, Unity Technical Artists, as well as other related fields.