Intro to VR with Unreal Engine 5
Reserve Your Spot
When it comes to AR and VR development, there are two main game engines used to create immersive 3D applications. Unity and Unreal. Developers use both engines to create a wide variety of mobile AR applications, VR games, and immersive 3D training simulations. In fact Unity and Unreal are used to develop about 90% of all AR and VR applications.
Epic Games, the company that created Unreal Engine, just released the fifth iteration of its popular 3D creation software - Unreal Engine 5 (UE5). Join us to learn what UE5 brings to the table for AR and VR developers and how it can help you build 3D experiences. If you are into 3D game development, this workshop is for you. We will be doing a complete overview while discussing some of the new features of UE5, such as Lumen's revamped lighting model, Nanite's geometry system, and Quixel Megascan's photorealistic scenery. Plus, we will review the key differences between UE4 and UE5.
The webinar is free and suitable for everyone who's interested in 3D development.
What you will learn:
- The difference between UE4 and UE5
- How UE5 differs from Unity Engine
- How to use the global illumination tool
- How to use VR templates and test out the engine using blueprints and project templates
- How to use unique features like photorealistic scenery, a new Lighting System, and basic shaders for VR development
At the end of the workshop, you will have:
- An overview of Unreal Engine 5
- Knowledge of how to adapt UE5 for your needs
- A basic understanding of UE5's most exciting features: lighting (Lumen), geometry system (Nanite) and scenery (Quixel Megascans),
- Answers to your questions from Circuit Steam's Head of Education
About Your Instructor:
Jerry Medeiros is the Director of Education at Circuit Stream, a certified XR developer and has more than 12 years of experience in the game and real-time 3D development industry as an engineer, educator and team leader. He is one of the best instructors when it comes to AR/VR development.
Director of Education