Lesson in XR Design: How to Create a Great Tabletop RPG in XR
Reserve Your Spot
There are design best practices for all of the different platforms and mediums, and immersive environments are no exception. There are specific best practices to keep in mind when it comes to designing and building virtual reality experiences. In this free XR design lesson, your instructor Aleatha Singleton is going to explain in a practical case how she would transfer a traditional tabletop role-playing game (RPG) into an XR environment.
You will learn how to conduct upfront design research by laying out a competitive landscape and exploring existing solutions that you can use for inspiration.
This is a unique experience to see and learn how an expert XR designer tackles an XR design project from scratch.
The live webinar is free to attend and is suitable for all audiences. No experience is needed.
Resources for attendees:
- Webinar replay
- XR Design Workshop Resources and Design Challenge
- How to research like a designer
- How to conduct a competitive investigation
- How to ideate, plan, and prototype based on the research
- How to use the research for transitioning a project into immersive environments
At the end of the workshop, you will have:
- A view and understanding of XR-specific design research
- Knowledge of how to research, identify, and implement research findings and apply them to XR mediums
- Concrete answers to your questions about XR design from Aleatha Singleton
About Your Instructor:
Aleatha Singleton is an Immersive Tech UX Designer with over 24 years of experience designing solutions for multiple platforms including most recently XR for many well-known companies. She creates educational content covering the foundational aspects of UX design for Extended Realities in a way that is understandable and actionable in the hopes that she can help push forward the UX field within the XR technology landscape. She’s also one of the main architects of Circuit Stream’s Interaction Design and Prototyping for XR course.
Business Development Representative
UX Design Instructor